There were millions of Apprentices, but only a minute fraction stayed active. Most of the Apprentices are people that had a question so they only needed to post a few Comments. A ton of them started out with a spam post on a random topic, usually because they didn't fully understand the Message Boards. Others might also have started out by posting a topic (usually in the LEGO Universe Forum or Message Board Forum), but these topics were usually left empty and were soon forgotten, locked, or occasionally rejected due to the misunderstanding of the Apprentice. This occurs particularly often in the LEGO Universe Forum. Also, some Apprentices could be parents that created an account to ask a question, usually about building instructions or sets, and then left the account afterwards.
Most Apprentices came and then left a couple of days later. For this reason, there was a topic called Adopt A Newbie, where older experienced users can try to teach newbies the basics of the MBs, and helped them stay active. Countless Newbie Help topics were made as well.
Apprentice was the rank most people had on the LEGO Message Boards. There were not many Apprentices in HQs, and there were not many active Apprentices, so it was the only rank that doesn't make you double your post amount to get to the next rank and such a small amount is required to reach the next rank. Journeyman was the rank after Apprentice, and it required 48 posts to reach. There were not many active Apprentices because they often lost interest in the Message Boards, got confused, or reached the next rank.
Former Apprentices now have a badge on their profile to signify their old rank.
- Apprentices were often referred to as "newbies" seeings how they're newer to the Message Boards.
- Apprentices were the most common posters on the LEGO Message Boards.
- Most Apprentices were known to not stay very long in the LEGO Message Boards.
- There were very few Apprentices on this Wiki.
- There were more Apprentices than all the other ranks combined.
- Most Apprentices didn't know how to use emoticons.
- Oddly, it was the only rank with a brick next to it.